|“||Shoot! I thought I'd ace that test yesterday, but it looks like it aced me.||”|
Eric is rather dimwitted, and quite lazy. When nothing's really going on, he can usually be found doing one of these three things: sitting in front of the TV whilst chowing down on some snacks, reading the latest issue of Match Boy and Girl, or surfing the web. While he may not be intelligent, he is a happy-go-lucky individual, and is always more than willing to put the knowledge he does have to good use. The reason behind his lack of proper intelligence, is that he has a piece of a Frosted Puff lodged to his brain. Without it, he is a genius, even more so than Edward.
- His birthday is June 14.
- Eric is 12 years old.
- According to Edward, Eric's blood type is "DUMB+".
- As revealed in An Onix-pected Adventure, Eric once had an imaginary friend named Kevin. He firmly believes that Kevin “ran away from home”.
- Eric is the only main character from Edward and Eric who didn't originate from the 1982 short, Bad Luck Benjamin.
- During development of the series, Eric wore a red hoodie instead of his trademark blue t-shirt.
- In the first two seasons, Eric was portrayed as Too Dumb to Live, to the point where he even forgot how to breathe in at least one episode. However, starting from season 3, he became more of a Ditz, and eventually, as time went on, he began to acknowledge his mistakes more often.
- Eric was originally voiced by an adult actor, although said actor remains anonymous to this very day.
- In one episode, Eric says, "They say kids imitate characters from cartoons, but I have yet to become a talking sponge who works at a burger joint." This is a reference to two things.
- The namesake character from the longrunning animated series, SpongeBob SquarePants.
- The fact that most parents are overly sensitive in regards to their children watching cartoons, because they fear their kids will copy anything they see.