|“||Your humor is like a pencil. You can choose to sharpen it, or you can make it dull.||”|
— Gary Sauls
- Edward and Joey are based on Sauls.
- Apart from his usual duties of serving as the showrunner and executive producer for Edward and Eric, Sauls provides the voice for Constantinos and Joey, alongside numerous background characters.
- Sauls' favorite Edward and Eric episodes are One Small Step for Pearson, Eric a la Mode, School Lock-In, and Snod-Ball.
- Sauls is strictly against the idea of rebooting any of his shows. In a Twitter Q&A from 2019, he revealed that the only time where this would be an exception is if he personally believes any of his shows ended "poorly", which, so far, hasn't happened.
- He is ambidextrous.
- Sauls was so burnt out from working on the movie, the musical and Mr. Enigma’s Factory that he does not remember making the first few Season 5 episodes.
- Sauls highly approves of cartoons that don't focus on continuity, or more specifically, "cartoons where you can just jump into any episode in any season without needing to watch the entire series chronologically to get the general idea". As a result, he made this the case with Edward and Eric. Any references to past episodes are kept brief and not intended to interfere with plots.
- The first thing Sauls did when Edward and Eric received all of its budget money back after the movie's success was permanently change the show's animation style by making it extremely cartoony.
- When Chatterbox received complaints that Season 5 was "overreliant on visual humor" and that its animation was "too exaggerated", Sauls ignored them and made Season 6's (and 7's, if you even count it as a full season) animation wackier than ever.
- On a Lakeside City Forums thread from 2001, Sauls was asked why Kimberly Matthews was removed from the show starting from The Shaft of Hate. He stated contrary to popular belief, it had absolutely nothing to do with Mary Kay Bergman's death (in fact, the episode was produced several months before the tragedy); the reason was he simply "didn't like Kimberly's character", and neither did most of the fanbase.
- To debunk the rumor even more, Sauls said he had nothing against Bergman, complimenting her talent and brought up how she voiced other characters prior to her death.
- Joey's short stature is based on Sauls' height (5'5). However, he decided to make Joey one inch shorter than himself, as he found it funny that way.
- His username on Lakeside City Forums is YouKnowWhoIAm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.