Pilot is episode 1a of Edward and Eric. It premiered on Kids' WB on September 5, 1998.
Edward and Eric go through their first day of school as we are introduced to Lakeside City and its inhabits. However, things get crazy when the brothers and their three friends have to get Eric's handheld game console back from a bully, which eventually ends up in the hands of the teachers.
- Andrew Rannells as Edward, The Narrator, Paul and Christian
- Josh Peck as Eric
- Dan Green as Dallas
- Edward Felker as Stanley and Gordon
- Gary Sauls as Joey
- Mike Pollock as Principal Walker and Bully
- Eric Stuart as Sebastian
- Tress MacNeille as Mrs. White
- Grey DeLisle as Sierra and Tamara
- This is the very first episode of the series.
- There are some aspects to this episode and the rest of season 1 that have completely changed later on in the series:
- Principal Walker was less of a corrupt and psychotic character, and was more of an oblivious principal.
- Stanley is not as greedy as he would be in future segments.
- Although this episode premiered in 1998, the copyright date at the end of the credits is 1996 since that's when it was finalized.
- The 1996 version of this episode has a different theme song. On top of that, it plays when Edward leaves for school, as opposed to playing at the beginning.