Prehistoric Eric is episode 31a of Comedy World. It premiered on Kids' WB on January 1, 2000.
- Andrew Rannells as PC Guy, Oscar, Caveman #1 and The Narrator
- Josh Peck as Eric
- Gary Sauls as Caveman #2
- Edward Felker as Caveman #3
- Eric Stuart as Caveman #4
- Frank Welker as Dinosaurs and the Ty-Rannell-Saurus Rex
- This is one of the few instances where PC Guy and Eric are seen without any other members of The Lucky 6.
- This episode originally was about PC Guy sending Eric to the future, rather than the past.
- In order to coincide with 1999 going into 2000, this episode premiered exactly at midnight on 1/1/2000 during the 1999 Comedy World New Year’s Eve Marathon. This made it the first episode of any TV show to premiere in 2000.
- This is also the only episode of the entire series to premiere late at night.
- This was the first episode to be animated with the digital ink and paint method.
- After this episode premiered, it did not air on TV again until the day after its sister episode, An Apple a Day, premiered.
- Since this episode premiered at midnight, it was considered a rare episode for a while.
- Although this episode premiered in 2000, the copyright date at the end of the credits is 1999.
(Episode opens with a shot of prehistoric Lakeside's skyline. The water is murky, and there is fog everywhere)
The Narrator: Ah, the Stone Age. (we see a swamp) Where dinosaurs ruled the Earth and mindless cavemen hunted wild animals with nothing but their bare hands. (and then we see a prehistoric wasp flying by) This time period reminds me of the time our old pal Eric was used as a test experiment for PC Guy's time machine. Let's just say THAT went well. (camera fades to the current Lakeside) It was a nice, sunny morning...