Shaggy Dog Story is episode 26 of Edward and Eric, as well as the first TV special. It premiered on Kids' WB on September 11, 1999.
Dallas is determined to find his mother, so he and The Lucky 6 embark in a quest to look for her. Just as things are only beginning, they encounter a group of meddling kids who will be able to help them: the Mystery Inc.
- Andrew Rannells as Edward, Paul and The Narrator
- Josh Peck as Eric
- Dan Green as Dallas
- Edward Felker as Stanley
- Gary Sauls as Constantinos and Joey
- John DiMaggio as Tony
- Mike Pollock as Robert
- Frank Welker as Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo
- Casey Kasem as Shaggy Rogers
- B.J. Ward as Velma Dinkley
- Mary Kay Bergman as Daphne Blake
- On the day this premiered, there was supposed to be a marathon consisting of episodes from Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! and Edward and Eric, but it was ultimately scrapped so that Kids' WB could make room for a Pokémon marathon.
- This special is available to watch on its namesake VHS and DVD.
- The title is a play on words with Shaggy's name, and the idiom "shaggy dog story".
- This is the only TV special that does not have live action segments before and after the episode.